My post for Day Two of the Lunch Writing Challenge
… A Sequel With Hopes of Becoming a Lunch Challenge Mini-Series
—— ><><>< —– ><><>< —–
I’m still at home sick. Yesterday’s sunshine has become a cold gray. The icy pines no longer look vibrant, but daunting. Nothing sounds good to eat. I warm up what is left of yesterday’s soup. It’s not as great the second time around, which I attribute more to my sour stomach than to the actual soup. I turn on a movie, Country Strong, that I vaguely remember having watched before. I like Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw. I’m anticipating a warm fuzzy Hallmark type film. (Straight from the Heart is my favorite. ) However, as the movie progresses, I realize it was much deeper and darker than I had remembered. It didn’t provide the escape I was looking for. As a hospital chaplain, moments of escape are valued.
Then I’m rescued. One of the young people staying at our house showed me his new hair color. Its a bit darker with blue highlights! Nice. I helped him with his ear tunnels. Today was the first day they could come out since he had them put in. I’m thankful for the little things.
—— ><><>< —– ><><>< —–
During this Lunch Writing Challenge, there have been lots and lots of great entries by other bloggers. With each of my posts I’m including a portion of the links to other stories. I hope you’ll check them out. Below are the second batch of 50. Visit the Lunch Writing Challenge page for the entire, current list.
- Am I the Only One Still Awake on This Airplane? | A Really Full Life
- Tuna fish in the morning | classygallie
- The Best Lunch | SonWorshiper
- Lunch 2 | The Magic Black Book
- Plan B | Sue’s Trifles
- DP Weekly challenge – Lunch posts – I scrambled the egg dry. | Its all about a bit of this and that.
- Do-Si-Doing With The Cat | Musings of a Soul Eclectic
- Tasting the Flavour of Friendship! | My Diary
- Weekly Writing Challenge – Lunch Posts | The River Mom
- Back to the nest | The Colours of Confetti
- The Cigarette Break | An Upturned Soul
- Tuesday lunch | Stories from aside
- Are we Ants | Mainer Chick
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Lunch Posts | imagination
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Lunch Post | The Ageless Dummy
- Observational Skills | Melissa
- Lunch Post #2: An Ode to Public Transit | Rescued Insanity
- Everyone Deserves a Break – Evelyne Holingue
- Naked Lunch Break | the intrinsickness
- Eating alone: DPchallenge | Next stop: The End.
- Breath | Moments for the journey
- Lunch Break, Day 2: Birdcall | Stealing All the Sevens
- Lunch Break Challenge The Boring Addition | lordmikle
- Lunch, Day 2: I Was Over-served By My Own Husband « there’s this book i’m reading.
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Lunch Posts – Tuesday | Musings
- 15-60-15 | Be Less Amazing
- lunch at 21 | the REmissionary
- Lunch…or not. | bethanyah
- Lunch 2, Weekly Writing Challenge | standinginthestorm
- Out of the Cold | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Lunch Posts | Basically Beyond Basic
- The Sweet Part of Life | TheIncaGypsy
- the mighty wings have fallen | Musings of a Random Mind
- Lunch at Lasalle | wickedinbeaufort
- Not Quite Lunch Poems 1 | Lightning Bug
- No Lunch; A Poem | Sara McKnight
- Day Two, Lunch Posts/Weekly Writing Challenge | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Brunch Break | asweetbrightthing
- Poetry for Lunch | loveletterstoaghost
- Predictions: Beached on July 30, 2014 | Buzzy Beez Giftz
- Weekly Challenge: Literary Lunch Break | Life is a Beach!
- Does this even merit a title? | oliviare
- Weekly challenge day 2: Between the flags | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Lunch on the Train | Cat Over Clock
- Food for thought.. | Quintessence Of A Daydreamer
- Weekly writing Challenge: Lunch Posts Day 2 | Reflections and Nightmares- Irene A Waters (writer and memoirist)
- An unexpected lunch | Butterfly Mind
- Lunch these days | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- Weekly Writing Challenge : Lunch Posts . A chaos at my place! | simplyvegetarian777