God bless you, Caroline Hills, author of the blog “101 Challenges in 1001 Days ”, for thinking of me for this award. I am honored and truly thankful. I started my blog January 19, 2014 and I was recognized with this award on January 22, 2014. Wow. I must say, I was speechless. Thank you.
Nominating / Awarding and receiving the Liebster Award is a fun blog tradition. It is recognition of bloggers, by bloggers. There are no trophies or ceremonies. However, there is the time and effort, as well as the cool logo and the rules, which promote networking and encouragement to one another. Specifically, it is a way to encourage people who are just starting out. For historical information and authenticity, you can search the internet for information. (I did. LOL) I encourage you take the time.
(1) Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog (see above!)
(2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
(3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
(4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
The 10 Questions I was asked:
(1) If you had the ability to time travel, when would you travel to?
That’s a tough question. I like the modern conveniences of this day and age. However, I would want to go back and learn about my ancestors, authentically. I would want to visit my children and grandchildren in the future. However, I don’t think I want to witness the world get any worse than it is now. I’ve been to Israel and visited some of the “traditional” sights. However, I would like to have visited them during Biblical times. Double however (if there is such a thing), I think I know Jesus better now, than I would have then. All of that said, if I had to pick a time, it would be the 1500’s and I would visit my ancestor, Matoaka (aka Pocahontas) and I would encourage her in her faith and spirituality, as well as sit at her feet to learn.
(2) What is your favorite film of all time?
I would have to say it’s a 3-way tie, “The King and I”, “French Kiss”, and “Out of Africa”.
(3) If you could write a letter to a younger version of yourself, what piece of advice would you give yourself?
Hummm. I do speak to my younger version of self often. I’ve done more listening that teaching. I would tell myself not to doubt and I would tell myself to believe in the inner voice.
(4) Where is your favorite place in the world?
(5) What three items would you take with you to a desert island?
A knife, a drum, and my Bible.
(6) What resolutions have you set yourself for this year?
To start a blog, to center myself more often, and to remember to ask Him first … all the time.
(7) If you could do anything you wanted ‘right now’, what would you be doing?
(8) What is your biggest regret in life?
Times I’ve been legalistic and / or have made assumptions.
(9) What is your favorite recipe to cook?
Since I require a recipe for everything I cook, probably something that I can cook without a recipe. I haven’t found it yet.
(10) What book would you recommend to a friend? (this helps me out with my challenge 21 – get 20 friends to recommend me a book and read them all!)
“Hinds Feet on High Places”
My 10 Blog Nominations, Not In Any Particular Order.
The 10 Questions that I am asking YOU.
(1) What inspired you to write?
(2) What brings you the most peace?
(3) What would you like to accomplish this side of heaven?
(4) Do you live in the same country as your most distant ancestors? Do you know or practice any of their customs? Feel free to share about this …
(5) If you were to be a character in a mystery novel, what character would you be?
(6) What is your favorite food?
(7) What is your favorite type of music?
(8) What was your most frightening experience?
(9) Where would you like to travel?
(10) What is a little known fact about you?
Have fun! Thanks for blogging!