I am delighted to accept this Sunshine Award from Julie S., whose blog is “Love, Support, Educate, Advocate, Accept“. You really must visit her blog! She is an inspiration.
As was mentioned in Julie’s ‘Sunshine Award’ post, which I believe originated from Lita Doolan (Any old world uncovered by new writing), The Sunshine Award “is an award for bloggers whose blogs are bright and full of life.” I would like to say that as I was choosing the blogs I would like to recognize, I not only thought of bright and lively posts, but I also thought of bright and life giving blog purposes.
I’m new to blogging and at first the idea of participating in blogging awards seemed a bit, I don’t know, like a gimmick and time consuming. However, when I got over my initial reaction, I realized that for me personally, participation has been a blessing and worth the time and effort. I have found the process very rewarding. For more of my thoughts, visit my Blog Awards page.
The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- List 11 facts about YOU!
- Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award
- Announce the nominations to the nominee
Below you will find the facts about me and the nominations that I have made. They are not in any particular order. Please visit their blogs when you get a chance.
Facts About Me
1. I was bit by a poisonous snake.
2. I was frightened once when I said something at a Women’s Conference in Peru that sparked lively discussion and the men with spears were between me and the door.
3. I know how to shoot and skin livestock.
4. I played ‘duck duck goose’ while wearing snow shoes.
5. Fish nibbled my toes in the Jordan River.
6. I man-handled the sandwich of a member of Parliament by mistake.
7. I almost got kicked out of Canada for joking in front of the customs agent.
8. I, with many others, witnessed a man die and come back to life.
9. I think that participating in the Sweat Lodge can be life changing.
10. I’m A Pepper. … Wouldn’t You Like To Be A Pepper Too?
11. I hope I never grow out of having “Anne of Green Gable” moments.
I nominate the following bloggers / blogs for a Sunshine Award. They are in no particular order.
I am inspired by his passion and purpose!
I like her emphasis of healing and health!
I admire his courage to start over!
I enjoy her expressions of faith and joy!
This group of authors keep me laughing!
I like both her content and the idea of highlighting inspiring organizations!
I find her posts entertaining!
I like his enthusiasm and stories of missions trips.
I love her blog title and purpose. Her posts are light and fun.
The thought of ‘giving back’, wonderful! And who can go wrong with food!
I have enjoyed visiting your blogs! Keep up the good work!